and ahhhh we ARE learning more about billy’s past life in the latest eps!! I’m embarrassingly into this goofy show and its ghostie character despite no one knowing how to write kids past 2006 4chan lingo
aaaa good, im excited! im probably going to end up embarrassingly into it too because that is generally what happens to me with goofy things (also auuugh thats exactly what the dialogue is oh my god)
YEAH it's definitely weird but also really fun to watch? And I agree, they are all about him being a ghost but never really the whole death thing. i'm wondering if that's just the choice to edit that out because it's a ~kid's show~ or if he didn't actually die, but weird ghosty hijinks ensued at some point. I also noticed that disney xd likes to air episodes out of order, so we aren't actually getting them in the right order (not that there is a linear plot but i think it might've help a bit)
ah thats interesting - i assumed that he died and the writers just thought it was Not Child-Appropriate to talk about that, but since there are so many weird ghostly hijinks going on already it’s definitely possible that he got transformed into a ghost! hmmm now im even more curious
and haha wow i didnt realize that the order of episodes was like… not even a little bit linear? like yeah there isnt a continuous story arc but i had just sort of assumed that the events of “episode 2” took place after the events of “episode 1,” etc. dang Disney whats that about
DID YOU START WATCHIN IT BUN WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS
YEAH IM WATCHIN IT!!!! ive tweeted about it a little but basically my thoughts are
- oh my god the writers of this show have never heard a teenager speak. they were never teenagers. they progressed directly from childhood, where they heard exaggerated rumors of how teenagers talked, to adulthood, where they now try to pander to that demographic.
- it’s really weird how much distance there is between ghosts and the actual concept of mortality? like ive watched 11 episodes and so far no one has acknowledged that Billy is dead, it’s just like “hey he used to be a rock star but now hes an invisible floaty rock star without a career!” and that could make sense if it was just BJC’s own denial about no longer being either famous or alive, but no one else seems to recognize it either. idk, i think about kids’ shows in a lot more depth than theyre intended for.
- i guess all of that implies that i dont enjoy it, but i really do!
- the episode where Spencer turns into a ghost (again, not by dying, just by Ghost Magic) and he and Billy get stuck together at the butt????? i cannot BELIEVE that
- I ALSO CANNOT BELIEVE THIS
really feeling like a misogynist piece of trash today ugh
i dont mean that im feeling hostile toward women, i mean im feeling scared that i have a lot of latent misogyny that gets expressed through my gross porn fantasies
:( im a large poop
did you know how hilarious the patch notes to the sims are
- A faint line is no longer visible on the heads of babies.
- Fish are no longer duplicated in the fridge when moving homes.
- Sims can no longer “Try for Baby” with the Grim Reaper.
- Sims who are on fire will no longer be forced to attend graduation before they can put themselves out.
- Children and Teens can no longer die from motive failure while on a Time Out.
- Pianists will no longer continue playing pianos that have been detonated.
- Sims will no longer receive a wish to “Skinny Dip” with Mummies.
- Pregnant Sims can no longer “Brawl.”
- Sims can no longer WooHoo in the Elevator with a Sim who is on a different floor.
- Fixed an issue that caused Sims to leave their Toddler inside a bar at closing time.
- The Grim Reaper will no longer be prevented from reaping souls due to band affiliation.
- Kleptomaniac Sims can no longer steal Subway stations from lots.
- Fixed a tuning issue so that Sims now vomit at acceptable levels.
- The magical laundry bear Abracadabra will no longer block Sims from moving after disappearing
- Tourist NPCs can now be impregnated.
wahhh thank you Mercury u~u im a sad baby rabbit that doesnt understand the world
nnnnnnnnngh i was having really embarrassing sad feelings about gurohusbands and now im very uncomfortable about gender
i guess at least thats a thing that im less ashamed of being unhappy about, but wow, this is not my night